Wednesday 2 November 2011

Roger Mear



In comparison to the work of Richard Wentworth, Roger Mears' photographs of litter in the environment are on a much larger scale, I believe he's trying to show in his photograph how litter can ruin a landscape, the human intervention turns something thats stereotypically beautiful into something abstract. I find this concept fascinating, how something so ordinary like rubbish found on the street can look completely different when added to a beautiful landscape.

This photograph has definately inspired me for this project, it's intresting how he can make an image still be captivating even though the contexts isn't stereotypically attractive. A decision I now need to make is whether I want to represent litter on the streets to be something attractive or the complete opposite? Personally, I find litter on the streets frustrating and an issue I'm definately passionate about. However, in terms of art, theres something captivating about how litter can be randomly placed, yet transformed into an interesting photograph..

No comments:

Post a Comment